Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rajesh Mahant - Personal History



Hi all, this is my first ever blog and I'm more than happy to talk about who I am.



Birth Place
I was born in Toronto, Canada - YES I AM CANADIAN and unfortunately am the "butt" of jokes at my work place due to my birth place.

I grew up in Scarborough (a borough of Toronto, http://www.toronto.ca), Ontario and have one brother who resides in Toronto. My parents continue to live in Toronto and they enjoy teaching yoga to adults and children.
Education
I attended McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario,( http://www.mcmaster.ca) receiving a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering and Management, a 5 year double degree program.
After I graduated, I worked at Scotia McCleod, a financial company, in the I.T department where I implemented PeopleSoft financials. I continued to work at Scotia McCleod for two years until I got MARRIED to an AMERICAN girl :) - After 13 years of marriage my friends still think I got married to get a green card :)

After marriage, I moved to Rochester, NY where my wife was working. While residing in Rochester, I went back to school to receive a Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology (
http://www.rit.edu).

Career
During my masters program I started to work for Nextel Communication as an RF Engineer and later moved to Phoenix, AZ to continue to work as an RF Engineer but for VerizonWireless for the last 9 years.

2 comments:

  1. This is neat Rajesh because I have really good friends who live in Toronto, Hamilton and Dundas so I know the area well (I live in NYC). I have also worked out at the gyn at McMaster University. Good luck in the BU course and I think your Blog looks good. If I were a company though, I guess I'd probably want a little more pizzaz, but hey - marketing is a personal taste and you have made your Blog very peaceful looking with it light blue background. Best, Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajesh,
    Nice to meet you. Nice children. I live in NYC and i visited Montral last year. It was a great experience.
    Your blog's background looks very relaxing and smooth color. I like the bottom part with the favorite movies

    ReplyDelete